Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Contrast...

Right now I am just beat with seeing so many people throw away and waste their lives. Maybe I'm a little sensitive to it since I have been contemplating on this tragedy with Crystal all week, but in the course of one week I see one person die and affect a family in ways that just show the importance of making life meaningful, then a few days later I see people who are just throwing their lives away and living (and quite poorly at that) for the moment.

On days like these I wonder if I should have just gone into a career with computers instead of serving and working with people. I definitely feel like I can relate to what Habakkuk was talking about.

How long, O Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

--Habakkuk 1:2-4

No comments: